Saturday, August 17, 2013

3 Weeks In


Oi familia,

 A lot of stuff has happened this week. It has been great!! So every Sunday and Tuesday Night we have devotionals and we get together with all 4000 missionaries here. The Tuesday Night one is held in the Marriot Center where BYU basketball plays. The set up on the stage for the speaker is usually nice but when we walked into in this Tuesday, the set up was legit!! I knew we would be hearing from an apostle and not just some "average Joe" haha.  Sure enough, Richard G. Scott was our speaker, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles!!  I had a middle seat about 13 rows up so I had an awesome seat! It was such a great and spiritual experience. I knew for a fact that he was a man called of God. He brought such a strong spirit into the room and you could feel the genuine love he had for us. His talk was about prayer. It opened my eyes to a lot of things, and I have never taken so many notes or paid attention as well as I did that night during a talk haha.   Throughout the talk he was pretty emotional, and at then end he decided to tell us why. His wife died in 1995, and he said that Heavenly Father had granted her permission to attend the talk. It was so cool. He talked about how the times will get hard. But to always be prayerful. He is an old man, but when he spoke he was so powerful and strong. I will always remember that experience.

The temple opened this week so we are all so stoked about getting to go later today! It will be so cool going and I can’t wait.  My testimony of Jesus Christ continues to grow and grow. When I think it hits its peak, it just keeps on going. I have gained a greater appreciation for the Atonement, and for him atoning for our sins. I feel so blessed and lucky that I have so much support from people back home.  Yalls prayers mean a lot and I can feel them when I am down. Every time we go and teach our investigator I am able to say more but more importantly understand more and more which is so cool. One time I didn’t even have to translate what he said in Portuguese into English in my head. I just started talking back in Portuguese before I could even think. It was so cool.

My nickname around here is "Tank". It is cool meeting guys from all over the world who have the same beliefs and want to serve our  Heavenly Father. The room down the hall near where the pull-up bar is, has a guy from France, Hong Kong, and Fiji. I have talked to them a lot and their English is phenomenal for only being in here a couple weeks. I have run into some guys from Brazil that are going to the U.S. They are learning English so we will go back and forth correcting each other on how to say certain things in the language we are learning.

I love yall so much! I pray everyday God will watch over you and I know he does. I am so excited to get out there and bringing happiness to these people!!

I miss yall!! Families are forever


Love,

Elder Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment