Sunday, August 25, 2013

Almost out of the MTC


Bom Dia,

Got about a week and a half left here at the MTC!! The time has flown by. I remember when I just got here. It is so cool seeing how much I have learned in this short time. Last Wednesday I was able to be a Host missionary for the new arrivals. It was pretty cool! We would wait outside for them to be dropped off, greet the family and talk with them and then grab his bags and take him to get all the stuff he will need and to his dorm and classroom. It was tough seeing all these families dropping their missionary off, but the new missionaries are all super excited and ready. I got to Host three guys. They are going to Norway, Mexico City, and the West Indies. Some were more upset than others, but they are all ready and excited to serve. I met a mom from the Dallas area as she and her family was dropping her son off so we talked for a few minutes. She guessed I was from Texas before I said where I was from. She said it was the "yall" and the "yes ma'am" that had her guessing it. Ha. Her son was a stud safety for a 5A school there. 

Thank you for the package of cookies and stuff you and Aspen made!! So good, I have already eaten about 15 of them and I got it last night. Ha. Its funny because on Monday I was sitting in class and I zoned out and started thinking about food cause I was hungry and then it made me really want some of your cookies. haha. Guess you got a little inspiration for making them, Thanks :)I’m getting better with the language! It’s so crazy about how much easier I can remember things after only studying it a few times. My study habits are a lot better, since I really didn’t have any before I came here. It is so cool speaking with people in Portuguese and then not having to really even think while you reply to what they said. It just flows and comes out right. Kinda choppy sometimes but it's alright ha. I am getting better at rolling my tongue when I speak but some words I have a lot of trouble with saying. I just can’t pronounce it right since it is spelled completely different then it sounds. But it is going great! Today we get to teach someone over Skype in Brazil!! Its gonna be crazy hearing how fast they speak.

I have got to see Kyle (Elder Nunez) a few times this week! He is doing great. He brought me a huge bag of sour patch kids. haha. We mess with each other about whose language is better since he is learning Spanish and it is similar to Portuguese. (Portuguese is way better).  Above my classroom is where the Italians are. I can actually understand what they are saying which is pretty sweet. Portuguese is like in between Italian and Spanish so if you know Portuguese you can kinda understand both of them.  Just a few little differences. It is cool talking with people from the dorms who are actually from Brazil and learning English, we get to help each other out. I went up to one of the guys and opened a conversation, taught a little bit, then bore my testimony. He said beside my accent, it was perfect. It’s pretty cool! 

With school starting up it has made me think a lot about home and yall and what I am missing out on, Noah senior season, Aspens first year on varsity cheerleading, and Olivia starting up school sports, all my friends and family, and my awesome parents.  But that is just a testimony about how much I love this gospel and my Savior to give that up for two years. Heavenly Father truly is blessing yall and understands the struggles. I know I am being blessed. 
I can feel yalls prayers when I get down on myself or miss home. The more I learn, the more excited and stoked I get to be in Brazil!! I can't wait!!!!! 
I am so blessed to have the opportunity to come here and serve! It is a blessing to be able to do it and I am so ready to get out there! After meeting and becoming friends with some of the disabled missionaries, it has opened my eyes. Some of them serve their mission here at the MTCfor two years, getting to talk with people all over the world. They are always so happy and smiling, and its an inspiration seeing how happy they are to serve and do what they can. They are awesome!! 


I love you all so much!! You are all a blessing in my life. I am who I am because of yall. Thanks for all the love and support. Eu te amo.


Love,

Elder Bean


[ If Lofton's visa isn't processed before September 2, then he will receive a temporary assignment somewhere in the U.S. until it is ready.  He will find out this week what that is.] 


 Lofton and Kyle Nunez, his friend from Texas who is going to Argentina.


Looking like a FB player on Pday.


No comments:

Post a Comment