Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter - Conference - and Transfers!!


Today was transfers and it was awesome!!! All the missionaries that got transferred got together at the church here in Asa Sul. President said some great and inspiring words to us before Elder Duarte and I read the names off of the new areas for the missionaries. The transfers truly are inspired and President knows exactly where Heavenly Father wants each and every missionary and who the companion should be. This next transfer will be awesome and the missionaries are all super excited. Padre Bernardo is the new area that is opening, and 4 studs are going there which will be awesome. They will have a ton of success and help the group become a branch really quick.  It was cool talking with all the missionaries and seeing people that I haven’t seen in a while.
Elder Montes (my grandson) will be training which means... I’m gonna be a GREAT-Grandpa!!!!! It’s so awesome. We are gonna get a pic together of the "family".  Here in the mission, right when we arrive in the mission our first companion who is our trainer is our "Dad".  And whoever trained your dad is your grandpa and so forth.  Elder Montes will be training in Santo Antonio where I first started my mission!! Super cool. And My great-grandson will be American! ha.  I have a Brazilian son, a grandson from Chile, and an American great-grandson.  Família de poder!! Família poderosa! ha
I am super happy for Elder Montes. He is a great missionary and such a humble guy, he will do awesome. The new missionaries come in tomorrow morning at 7:00 so we will go to the airport to get them.
I am super stoked because my bud Elder Preator just got called to the office!!!!! Staff de poder!! We are so stoked. It’s so awesome being able to be in the same area with him again. Its gonna be so much fun these last few months on the mission!! I’m gonna miss being companions with Elder Barbosa a ton, but I’m grateful that we are still in the office together so I’ll still see him from time to time. My companion is Elder Duarte. 
General Conference this weekend was awesome!! We had to watch all the sessions in Portuguese because the satellite only had Spanish and Portuguese available and the internet wasn’t working that great at the church. It was still very spiritual and uplifting. Saturday was pure "trunkyness" for all the missionaries. haha a lot of  the talks were bout eternal marriage!  
Its crazy thinkin that this was my last general conference on the mission. The Spirit was so strong and Heavenly Father answered many of the questions that I had. I am so grateful for the Spirit and for the opportunity we have each 6 months, to be united and hear from our beloved prophet and our leaders. I am so grateful for my Savior and the testimonies born of Him during the conference. I know He lives!! He is the resurrected Savior of the world, He lives and loves each and every one of us!
Chris and Marisa watched all the sessions of conference at home which was great! I was texting back and forth with Chris last night. It was incredible for me to see how he paid attention to each talk and related to me the things that stood out to him and what he needs to do better. Reading his answers, I thought I was reading a highlight summary written by another missionary or something. It was incredible!! He is an awesome investigator, but just needs something to touch his heart to make the next step.
I bore my testimony to him and just asked him what is holding him back from taking the next step in following Jesus Christ and being baptized by someone who holds that priesthood authority, and he can one day prepare to be sealed in the temple with his wife. 

My testimony was strengthened this Easter weekend and during General Conference. I feel so grateful that I have the opportunity to be a missionary and spread the good news that Jesus Christ lives!

Love,

Elder Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment