Monday, January 13, 2014

Big Things Will Be Happening Here in Gama!!


Bom Dia do Brasil!!!!! :))

Nossa!!! Minha semana foi otima!!! Foi muito bom. Eu gosto demais aqui na Gama Leste!! 
This past week was awesome. My companion, Elder Tippetts, and I get along really well. He has helped me a ton already. I feel so much happier throughout the day now. Gama is wayy cool. Its got some rich parts and then some poor parts too. The people and area are a lot different than Santo Antonio. I’m seeing a different side now of Brasil, which is awesome. 
Elder Tippetts is a stud and our two zone leaders are awesome. We hang out everyday and sometimes go on exchanges which is cool. It's awesome, cause we work super hard throughout the day but have a ton of fun at the same time. 
I felt so welcomed here in Gama by all the members!! It is a lot easier to understand the people here in Gama. Now during lessons and just talking in general, I understand everything!! Sometimes I will hear I word I don’t know but now I can figure it out by the context of the conversation. Everyone here in Gama is way impressed with my Portugues. They all say I speak like someone who has over a year in Brasil. Even Elder Reis was telling me how much better it is since my first transfer here, since he was in my first zone. The gift of tongues truly is real, as long as I do my part. On Wednesday nights, from 7-9 we teach an English class at the church. Members and nonmembers come. Its open to everyone. While I was teaching, One of the ladies said I need to teach Portugues when I go back home cause I can write and pronounce everything perfect.  It made me really think back to when I first got here and how I thought I would never be able to learn this language. It would be impossible. But now its all clicking.
This week we marked 3 dates for Batismo for January 25!!! Two of them were first time visits and references from their uncle, Sabrina and Carol. Elicya has been taught for about a month and her boyfriend is a member and is an awesome dude. We feel really confident that all 3 of them will be baptized!! The Spirit is so strong when we teach them!! It really is a testimony builder to me when we are teaching a lesson and the words just start flowing out my mouth like in English. I don’t have to really think how to phrase something to make it make sense, it just flows! It is really humbling and way cool.
It has been sooo hot here lately!! Nossa!! The other day for our service project, I forgot to put on sunscreen so I got fried!! Especially my neck part that hasn’t seen sun in a while cause of my collared shirts. Sweat like a pig here all day long :) but its awesome! There is a guy here in the church who plays American football for a small team in Brasilia, and he has a football!!  I was like duddeee no wayy!!! He follows the NFL and so it was cool to talk with him.
So next Pday we will probably play :) 
There is a member here, Irmã Shirley who is way awesome. She calls us her kids. She says she prays everyday for our moms and helps us the way she feels yall would want her to.
 I am adjusted to everything and life in Brasil now. I love it here. I love being a missionary and having these experiences that I have everyday. I am seriously so grateful to be here. It is seriously so hard to describe the joy and happiness that I feel from doing this. It’s seriously awesome!!
I can feel that Big things will be happening here in Gama!! 
I love y’all so much!!!!!!!

Love,

Elder Bean

With Leandro on my last day in Santo Antonio

Missionary I met on the bus last week, heading to the MTC
Gabriel a wayy cool member here.

Elder Tippetts, my companion

Views from my apartment



No comments:

Post a Comment