Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Gama is Beleza


Beleza!!!

Wow, talk about a great week!!! This week was awesome!!! The people here in Gama are awesome. They help us a ton and are really involved which is great. We have 3 people that will be baptized this Saturday so we are so stoked for them!! All three of them are so strong and firm and have such a great desire. Teaching them and feeling their spirit has been a blessing for sure. Sabrina, Carol, and Elicya. We have possibly 4 others that will most likely be baptized in the beginning or middle of February. This area is usually hard to baptize but it’s booming now!!
I can’t believe I will have 6 months in the mission this friday!!! Golleyy time has flown by! Nossa!! The past couple months have been like a blur. Every week gets faster than the last. I am so grateful to be here. Really am. I have felt so welcome and loved here in Gama. When we get back home after a long day, even though I’m beyond exhausted I can’t help but smile and be so happy!!  The only way I can describe the feeling is like after taking a pre workout and feeling pumped :)) haha
I never thought I would say this but.. I regret quitting the piano. lol. Mom, I know you are dyin laughin and thinkin told ya so. haha. I remember when yall made me take it and the first chance I had to quit, I did!! But now I regret is so bad, lol. There have been so many opportunities where I could have played here on the mission during church or meetings. But its all good, sorry momma :)
Today our zone had interviews in our apartment with President Gaertner. He and sister Gaertner wanted to see how all the apartments are so they went to all the houses to do interviews. It was good! He was impressed with how good my Portugues, which is great! I am starting to like talkin in Portugues than English more, it just sounds better. It’s hard to explain. lol. but its nice speakin English every now and then with my companion. Elder Tippetts is a stud!! He has helped me a ton. In our first week together we got the Pattern of Excellence (The numbers the president gives us every week to shoot for to get). It is way hard and some people only get it a few times. But we got it our first week together and this week we almost got it but only had 3 investigators in church instead of 4. But it was still a great week!
Some members have bought us pizza at night after we have returned home and brought it to us. Since I’ve been here its happened like every other night!! ha its way awesome. Its always the same members and they understand we are usually hungry so they try to help us out. 
It’s a lot of fun getting to hang out with Elder Reis and Sowards. They are awesome!! The work here in Gama is good and starting to grow! The people are accepting our message and starting to get realtionships with Heavenly Father and the members are doing great at helping us.
I love yall so much and hope yalls week is good!! I sent a letter last week so hopefully yall get it soon!! Eu amo vocês demais. Sou muito grato por vocês. E tambem meu oportunidade tenho para servir uma missão e adjudar pessoas. 
Sinto falta de vocês tanto!!!

Tchau Tchau!! I love yall :))

Elder Bean


Drinking tereré while his companion takes pictures without him knowing.

Tereré, an herbal tea that you drink cold.

Elder Tippetts

We cleaned the apartment spotless for the visit from Brother and Sisiter Gaertner.







1 comment:

  1. I am totally impressed! You have been taught well! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete