Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Minha Semana - My Week


Today I heard a lot in emails about the cold weather back home and the Thanksgiving coming up.  It’s summer time here so it’s blazing hot and they don’t celebrate Thanksgiving here obviously. ha.  But this week we did get a little bit of rain, which was nice. Brasil is having water problems, lacking a lot of water in certain parts. 
This week was solid!!! We were blessed to be able to mark 5 baptism dates this week. On one of the days, we were told by a family that they didn’t want to have our visits anymore and didn’t want to get baptized. I felt a little down when we left, but the Lord blessed us and we were able to mark two more baptism dates that day!! The Lord leads this work and is putting those that are ready and willing to hear the gospel in our paths. 
I did an exchange this week with Elder Figuieredo and I went to Santa Maria. I loved it there. The day started off after our district meetings with one of the best lunches I have ever eaten on the mission!! Gosh it was so darn good. We visited some of the people that they are teaching in Santa Maria. It was a great day and Elder Figueiredo is a boss! We have become really good friends. At then end of the exchange, he surprised me by giving me the soccer jersey of his hometown team!
We did a big service project this week for Maria Jovina (who use to live in Itapoã). We started at 7 in the morning and she made a Great lunch for us at 12:30.  We made a sidewalk and driveway for her. It was awesome being able to do that for her and great learning experience as well. 
Rogerio and Jhennifer went to church on Sunday and loved it!! It was awesome cause some of the members still remember Rogerio (from 6 years ago) and Jhennifer now has a baptism date marked for the 6th of December!! Their 2 month old baby, Bryan Arthur, has a lot of blonde hair and blue eyes and was a huge hit at the church!!! haha. We are trying to see if Rogerio will be able to be ready to baptize Jhennifer since he already has the priesthood and the baby will be blessed on the same day as Jhennifer´s confirmation. I love that family so much. They want to raise their family in the church and prepare to go to the temple a year from now! We had an awesome turnout at church!! We have so many investigators that are progressing and the lessons are having are incredible. We have 10 people with baptism dates so we will see how it goes. 
We had some difficulties with Dino and he wasn’t able to go to church on Sunday, but we are still hopeful and prayerful that he will be baptized this weekend!!! 
I know that this work is truly the Lord´s work and the Lord is at the head of it. He leads and guides it. My strength and faith in him has grown so much.  I am so grateful to be here. It is such blessing to get up everyday and go and Preach the Gospel and help those that are in need. Talk with everyone about Christ´s everlasting love and serving those in need.  The people here in Gama are amazing. Truly some incredible people that I have been so blessed to know.  Whenever we teach people and we see and hear about the problems and difficulties that they face everyday, it humbles me and I forget real quick about the things that I thought were "difficulties" for me. I need to improve so much and I try my best and pray everyday that my weaknesses can become my strengths and that I can try to forget about myself, and focus on those that all around us here. 
Lookin forward to skype!!!! It’s only like a month away. YEAHHHHH.  They are already putting up the Christmas decorations here, the atmosphere is great! Brasil is so awesome and so grateful that I get to spend these "Best Two Years" here. 

Love always,

Elder Bean


No comments:

Post a Comment