Monday, December 15, 2014

Almost Natal!!!


We worked so hard this week and had a ton of success!!! It is such a blessing to be here and to notice the small and tender mercies everyday. I remember going to seminary in high school (had some awesome seminary teachers) and sister Lucas when she taught would always ask us when class started about the tender mercies we noticed around us.  I’ve definitely been more in tune with the spirit here on my mission and able to notice those small and simple things everyday. 
Yesterday was stake conference and It was such a joyful moment for me hearing our stake president announce the people that would receive the Melchizedek priesthood, and hearing Rogerio's name!! It was awesome. So afterwards, Rogerio was ordained to the office of elder and they have the priesthood in their home. It was so special. Seeing him baptize his wife a few weeks ago until now. Our stake president told our bishop who told us that his interview was incredible. I love Rogerio and Jhennifer so much!! Such a special family. We were at their house on Saturday, and they were already excited about Bryan (3 months old)  going on a mission someday and wanting him to go to Texas :)
We have so many awesome investigators that we are teaching. Marked a lot of baptism dates this week. Invited a tonnn of people to follow Christ and be baptized. 
It is fun being a zone leader. It’s stressful sometimes but I love helping the missionaries in the zone try to work harder and meet their goals. We made daily challenges with the zone last week are going to do the same this week. It is a blast with us four here in Gama Leste. 
There is so much joy in missionary work. It's a feeling that is so difficult to explain, the happiness you feel when teaching the gospel and seeing the lives of others change for the better. The best gift we can give for Christmas is to remember "He is the Gift." "Ele é o presente". When we remember Christ and what he did for us, we will feel the desire to share the gospel with those we love. When I feel tired of getting rejected, or tired of doing contacts or knocking doors, I remember my Savior and what the atonement means to me, what his eternal sacrifice means to me. When I remember Him and His love for me, nothing else seems to matter. Any difficulty or problem that I’m having just loses its importance and I feel a inner desire and fire to just spread the gospel and "preach of good tidings and great joys".  
This Wednesday we will have our Christmas party with the entire mission which will be a blast!!! It will be all day long. Our mission has over 200 missionaries now. 

Feliz Natal. Ajude seu próximo e sempre lembra-se "O Que Jesus faria?" (what would Jesus do)

Love,

Elder Bean













Eating at the Bishop's house after church on fast Sunday.


Teaching a lesson after lunch




No comments:

Post a Comment