Thursday, January 15, 2015

Loving Asa Sul!!


The week has been going great so far! I’m really lovin this new area and the other missionaries here. Elder Barbosa is awesome and we have a ton of fun together. Asa Sul is a great area. It is one of the wealthiest areas here in Brasília. At the church, there are some Americans who are here in Brasil cause they work at the United States embassy.  We are teaching this awesome lady named Patrícia and we teach her in the home of some members, (who all speak English). We are preparing her to be baptized on January 31st. She is solid!! We taught the lesson in English which was an awesome experience, my first time. Elder Barbosa is from Brasil but speaks English fluently. We read the scriptures in Portuguese with her but explained everything in English. I feel the Sprit when I teach in Portuguese and it’s awesome, but its a special feeling being able to do it in English. It was a really cool experience. 
The members here in Asa Sul are awesome and I’m really excited to get to know more of them on Sunday at church. Someone at the church is a professional basketball player on the Brasília team. I’m lovin it here on the mission and so grateful for all the opportunities I have been blessed with here to come to know my Savior better, and to help others come to know him as well.

Love,

Elder Bean I

Lofton's new P-day is Thursday, that's when he will send and receive emails.



Saying goodbye to everyone in Gama











The city of Gama up ahead


New companion, Elder Barbosa, from São Paulo Brasil



No comments:

Post a Comment