Friday, May 9, 2014

New Companion, My "Son" Elder Lima


My "son" gets to email his family today to let them know he made it safe and stuff. I had to send him some photos, so I thought I would also say hi to ya :))))

His name is Elder Lima. He is a 24 year old Brasilian who just got out of the MTC in Sao Paulo yesterday!!! He officially has 14 days in total on the mission (13 days in the MTC)

He is really cool and we bonded really fast.  He is super respectful and told me he is so excited to learn from me. He told me last night how I was the person he was praying for in the MTC even though he didn’t know my name or my face.  Its cool cause he calls me "pai" even though I’m younger than him. He really respects me and looks to me for everything to help teach him and show him how to be a missionary! He is so excited to learn and I am so stoked to work with him!  I will learn so much from him as well!!  so excited momma

Today I gave my first district meeting training! Went really good!!! super spiritual :)


With Elder Lima, my new companion riding in the van to the bus stop.

Elders Sowards, Lant, Me and Lima

With Elder Sena and Elder Fonseca in Cruzeiro.
We spent the night to get our new companions the next day.

Elder Swallow one of the Assistants to the President

Elder Koelliker the other Assistant

Playing futebol for zone activities a couple weeks ago

Monkey in a tree

Zone Alvorada shirts

Service project at a member's home.



Lunch at the Bishop's house with his extended family.


The Bishop (Bispo)

Elicya, the girl that Elder Tippetts and I baptized.

Raillan, the boy I baptized



No comments:

Post a Comment